Fall Info Session Dates
September 15 | 12-1 pm
Via Zoom | Register here.
Fall Advocate Training Schedule
Stay tuned for our Fall Training schedule, beginning mid-October!
Apply to be a CASA Advocate today!
CASA is the only volunteer organization that empowers everyday citizens as appointed members of the court. In an overburdened social welfare system, abused and neglected children often slip through the cracks among hundreds of current cases. CASA volunteers change that. Appointed by judges, CASA volunteers typically handle just one case at a time and commit to staying on that case until the child is placed in a safe, permanent home. While others may come and go, CASA advocates provide that one constant that children need in order to thrive.
- Visit the child regularly, at least once per month, and advocate for the child throughout the juvenile court process
- Gather information about the child by reviewing case records, observing parent/child visits and speaking with all parties involved, such as parents, foster parents, case workers and service providers
- Monitor the case and consult with local CASA program staff for support and guidance
- Prepare written court reports and attend court hearings
- Make recommendations on the behalf of the child’s best interests
- Ensure the childâ€™s wishes are known to the judge
- Keep all records and information confidential
- Complete 12 hours of continuing education per year
- Age 24 or older
- Possess emotional maturity, stability and common sense
- Exhibit self-assurance and assertiveness
- Be able to keep information confidential
- Be able to work within established guidelines
- Have the ability to interview, observe, listen and analyze
- Be able to write clearly and concisely
- Be objective and able to make fact-based recommendations
- Be willing to commit to the program for a minimum of two years
- Be willing to spend approximately 10-15 hours a month fulfilling advocate responsibilities
Becoming a Volunteer
Apply online to become a CASA volunteer
Visit our office in Sycamore, IL and meet with staff (Due to COVID-19, pre-training meetings are currently occurring via Zoom)
Complete form for background check
Enroll in an upcoming training class
Attend and participate in training (about 30 hours)