Compassion for children – a sympathetic consciousness of others’ distress together with a desire to alleviate it.
Advocacy for justice for children in the juvenile court system who have experienced abuse or neglect.
Service to the community built on trust and responsibility.
Acknowledgement and Respect of others’ diverse cultures, lifestyles and spirituality.
- CASA DeKalb County Inc. was founded in 1993, serving all of DeKalb County, Illinois.
- CASA has over 60 DeKalb County residents as volunteer advocates.
- Annually, CASA serves over 200 children in DeKalb County, Illinois who have experienced abuse or neglect.
- CASA advocates provide over 9,500 hours of volunteer service each year.
- CASA has over 25 local attorneys who volunteer their services on behalf of CASA.
CASA trains community members as volunteer advocates for children in DeKalb County who have experienced abuse or neglect. A CASA volunteer stays with each child until the child’s court case is completed by having the child placed into a safe, permanent and nurturing home.
Facets of Hope – National CASA
It is the policy of CASA DeKalb County, Inc. to not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, recipient of an order of protection, marital status, physical or mental disability/handicap or military status in any of its activities or operations. For more information, contact CASA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information about victim’s rights and crime victims compensation, please visit the Illinois Attorney General’s website at https://illinoisattorneygeneral.gov/victims/ or the DeKalb County, IL Victim Witness Program website at https://dekalbcounty.org/departments/states-attorneys-office/states-attorney-victim-witness-program/.